On race day, get the bus then run
The Trinidad Alfonso Valencia Marathon and the EMT (Valencia public bus company) join forces to increase public transport links to the marathon and related events. On the weekend of the race there will be extra services and runners travel for free on race day.
The use of public transport is not just something the race would like to promote for environmental reasons. On the day of the race there will be 16,500 runners converging on the start line, if people do not use public transport the streets will be choked with traffic. In addition, there are 8,500 runners taking part in the parallel 10k run.
If you can justify bringing your car into the city center, there are parking spaces available in car parks and shopping centers near the course. The spaces have been reserved for runners but as mentioned before, on the day of the race you should use public transport. Please park your car outside of the city and catch a bus in.
The Valencia public bus company (EMT) will play a vital role on race day to help the city flow smoothly and to help you get to the marathon on time. The Trinidad Alfonso Valencia Marathon and EMT have been promoting the use of buses on race day for the last ten years and have dedicated lines on race day that run regularly. Runners will have no problem getting to the City of Arts and Science to start on time.
13 and 14 Nov:
- Lines 35 and 95 will have increased service, passing every 8-10 minutes. This service connects the city center with the City of Arts and Sciences.
- Lines 2, 35, 95, 89 and 90 will have increased service from 06:30 to 08:00 to help runners get to the start line on time on race day morning.
- 10k runners and marathon runners ride the bus for free on race day by showing their race number.
Valet parking for runners
The Trinidad Alfonso Valencia Marathon recommends the use of public transportation as a preferred option to move to the starting point. However, it also offers the possibility to use the car parks for the purpose.
– Parking1 Mall El Saler
– Parking 2 Aqua Mall
– Parking3 Pabellón Fuente San Luis
– Parking4 Avenida Antonio Ferrandis
Also indicate that the Oceanográfico parking will be available for runners who present the dorsal with a cost of 3 euros.