How do you know if you are in Marathon ON Mode?
The jewel in the crown of Valencia City of Running, the Trinidad Alfonso EDP Valencia Marathon, now has more than 13,000 registered runners from the Valencian autonomous region (37%), the rest of Spain (33%) and abroad (30%).
13,000 runners have now officially registered for the best marathon in Spain, organised by SD Correcaminos and València Town Council, which will be held on 19 November.
The starting gun will sound in July. This is when we will start a specific training plan that will increase in intensity over the following weeks. That leaves just 5 months of training, personal and nutritional care and a rollercoaster of emotions along the way.
But… how do know if you’re in Marathon ON Mode? Here are some clues:
- “I can’t, I have to train” will be one of your most frequently repeated phrases over the coming months. The marathon should be taken seriously. And you know that it is worthwhile.
- You will turn down invitations for a night out with your friends or partner in order to train “in the cool of the morning”.
- Your watch will not show the time; instead it will show distances, averages and heart rate (among a thousand other things).
- You will talk about series, but this will not have anything to do with The Game of Thrones or Orange is the New Black.
- You will develop a runner’s tan… marked by the straps of your running vest, your socks or your running shorts.
- You will buy gels, but not for the shower.
- You may see that some of your toenails are black… but not from nail polish.
- In summer you have to wear cool clothes, so it’s the perfect time to wear that t-shirt from the race you recently competed in.
Do you identify with any of these? Do you identify with all of them or most of them? If so, then you are in Marathon ON Mode.
Have you still not registered?