Valencia Marathon cancellation FAQs
After receiving an email, you can choose one of these options from the 15th of September to the 6th of December 2020:
- Exchange your entry for a place on the 2021 edition (5th of December 2021):
- You will not have to pay a penny.
- You keep all your entry rights (option to change runner, refund in the event of medically certified injury, and so on).
- You keep any extras you contracted (insurance, medal engraving, poncho, BreakFast Run).
- Request full refund of your entry.
- Any extra services you contracted will also be refunded in full.
- If you chose to make a charitable donation with your entry, this will not be refunded. Instead, all the €3 donations will be paid over to Save the Children — this year’s charity — as planned, as will any other donations.
- We will make the transfer from November and you will receive it in a few days in the bank account you specify.
- Renounce refund of the entry fee for the trial as a token of your support for the Organisation (which has worked for months on an event that has now been cancelled).
- Includes a guaranteed place on the 2021 edition (5th of December 2021).
- You can enter by paying the price set for the first tranche of entries during the special offer period.
- Participate in a remote way in the 2020 40th Anniversary event by running the 4.0 2020 Trinidad Alfonso EDP Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition in my hometown. You can choose this option until the 15th of October, since we need to get your special 40th Anniversary box ready, which you will receive including:
- Luanvi special 40th Anniversary edition running shirt.
- Finisher medal for this 40th Anniversary edition.
- Valencia Marathon gymsack.
- Training Plan by José Garay, CA Serrano trainer.
- Customised bib.
- 4 Enervit gel packs
- Valencia Marathon bracelet.
- 40th Anniversary Book/Magazine.
- Includes preferential registration (until all available bibs are sold out) for the 2021 edition (5th December 2021) with the option of paying the price set for the first tranche of entries during the special offer period.
If you are entered for the 2020 Valencia Marathon, you will have received an e-mail using the same address you registered with. That e-mail tells you the steps you should follow.
If you do not see our e-mail, check your ‘spam’ tray just in case your mail server has sent it there.
Remember, in any case, you must enter your ID (DNI, Passport Number, as the case may be), your date of birth, and your e-mail address so that we can check that it really is you who is choosing a given option for your entry.
You can choose what to do with your entry up until the 6th of December 2020. However, the option to participate in the 4.0 2020 Trinidad Alfonso EDP Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition will only be available until the 15th of October, since we need to get your 40th Anniversary box ready and send it where you specify.
If you do not choose any of the options by the 6th of December, we will automatically remove you 2020 entry. This is because we cannot block places for the 2021 edition for runners we have not received a response from.
If you choose a refund of your entry fee, we will begin to manage such refund by transfer to the bank account that you specify from November.
Even if you entered using a credit card, we ask you for your bank account number so that you can choose where you want to receive the refund. We do this because you may have changed your bank and/or your credit card may have expired or have been lost in the meantime. Take care to write out and check all the numbers of your bank account. This will help ensure there are no hitches in you getting your refund.
Of course. Although we do not know what ceiling will be placed on the number of runners next year, if you do decide to use your 2020 entry for the 2021 edition, you can be sure of a place. Furthermore, you will not have to pay a penny extra even if the price for next year’s event goes up or there is a defined maximum number of participants. Rest assured, you will have your place on the 2021 Valencia Marathon!
Yes – our Self-Service Area lets you change the options you want. We will even ask you again about your race shirt size and other options next year.
The deadline to choose an option regarding Half Marathon entries was due on the 31st of August. If you did not make a choice, you were automatically entered for the 2021 Valencia Half Marathon, including any services and extras you contracted, and you will be able to continue managing your entry when the registration process opens again next year. You can now only decide regarding the Valencia Marathon.
If you choose a refund, we will repay you the part covering the Marathon, regardless of the option you chose on the Half Marathon at the time.
If you paid for cancellation insurance when you signed up, this will remain valid in 2021 if you run that race. If you choose the refund option, we will also refund the insurance premium you paid. If you choose the option to run the 4.0 Valencia Marathon, you lose the right to the cancellation insurance..
All free entries from sponsors and collaborating brands whether given out directly or through competitions or similar mechanisms must receive the same e-mail as any other registered runner. This e-mail will offer the option to use your 2020 entry for the 2021 edition. Read it carefully and manage your entry within the indicated period..
If Luanvi gave you a code and you entered for the race after making a purchase at the 2019 Runners’ Fair, you will receive the same e-mail as the rest of the registered runners so you can use this entry for 2021 and you can be sure of a race bib for next year’s race, which we recommend. However, we cannot make a refund because your purchase covered sports materials, not a race bib. The race bib was a gift after you made your purchase.
Yes, you can sign up later at the initial price of the 4.0 Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition, which will be 120 euros. You would, therefore, have a guaranteed place in 2021, and after paying the price, you could participate in the 4.0 Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition receiving the product kit at home.
Yes, you can choose the option to request a refund to receive the amount of your entry for 2020. And you can later register for the 4.0 Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition by paying the price of the event, which will be 120 euros, when the registration process opens.
Yes, you can sign up later by paying the price of the virtual event, which will be 120 euros, when the registration process opens.
No, if your bib for the 2020 Valencia Marathon was cheaper than the 4.0 Valencia Marathon Virtual Edition, your entry is automatically transferred at no additional cost whatsoever. Remember that you can only choose one option, which should be the one that is best or more attractive for you.